22/02/2014

NEW COSPLAY: Machi - Ball Gown

Hey everyone! 

How have you guys been? Today I finally bring you my first cosplay of 2014!

This year the convention season in Portugal starts later than usual, and I thought that only bringing you a new cosplay in later March was a bit too late. So I decided that I needed to make something before Photoshoot #11! Unfortunately due to financial issues, I don't have a lot of money for wigs right now so I just searched down my list to see what I could do. And since I'm already working on Machi (Hunter x Hunter), I thought why not do one of her versions?

Costume inspired by this amazing fanart by Vita。維塔's

Because the wig I own at the moment is for the 2011 version of Machi (which has pink hair instead of purple), I decided I wouldn't really do everything like the fanart, and just focus on being creative. At first I wanted dark blue velvet for the dress but since I had a super low budget for this costume, I ended up using black peachskin.

Even though this is a ball gown, I didn't want to do something really puffy because Machi would never wear a dress like that. So I ended up doing a dress with a bit of puffiness but with a tail. I also decided to wear fingerless gloves and add blue lace!

Progress photos! 

Overall I'm pretty happy with this costume. I kinda rushed it a bit in the end, but even so I'm happy with how it turned out. I could do some things better but I'm not sure if I'll ever re-do those parts since I won't wear this for conventions. I also ended up having to sew a bra on the inside of the dress so it wouldn't fall. The dress is really heavy! ; ; Just the train has 2m50 alone! 

As for photos, I did a photoshoot with Amisu in her house which came out with some pretty nice photos! Me and the original photographer are doing our best to have the in-location shoot this Tuesday, so as long as it doesn't rain it will happen. I will try posting some photos whenever I can!

There really isn't much more to say about this cosplay... I know I made a short post on this one, but I don't want to fill it up with talking! Hope you guys liked the costume so far 

~ TheGothica

0 comments:

Post a Comment